Energizing the Future – What Might the Future Electricity Grid Look Like?
What will the 2050 Grid look like and what pathways do we need to get there? How can the greatest engineering achievement of the 20th century be the driver of improvements of quality of life in the 21st century in America and globally? Should the grid be a platform for smart communities, cleaner energy, long distance transmission and distributed renewables? Which emerging technologies can contribute to grid resiliency, security, and efficiency? What changes should be considered to current regulatory frameworks to facilitate this transition? Please join our panel of industry and government experts as we discuss how these important issues will shape tomorrow’s electric grid.
David Velazquez, President and CEO, Pepco Holdings
The Hon. Richard Glick, Commissioner, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- The Hon. Phil Moeller, Executive Vice President, Business Operations Group & Regulatory Affairs, the Edison Electric Institute
- Melissa Lavinson, Senior Vice President, Government and External Affairs, Pepco Holdings
- Eric Hsieh, Director, Office of Energy Finance and Incentives Analysis, U.S. Department of Energy
- Presley Reed, Partner, Energy Practice, Dentons
- Rob Gramlich, President, Grid Strategies
Moderated by: Jeanette Pablo, Board Member, Asian Americans in Energy, the Environment and Commerce (AE2C). General Counsel, Energy Futures Initiative
Reception to follow.
For questions about the event please email [email protected].