Job Announcement: Program Coordinator for Energy Technology & Governance Program
ABOUT US – The United States Energy Association (USEA) is a nonprofit organization that helps expand energy infrastructure in developing countries with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and advances the adoption of clean energy technology worldwide with the U.S. Energy Department. USEA is deeply involved with international energy policy development through our work with the United Nations Economic Commission of Europe, and USEA is the U.S. member of the World Energy Council, which feeds into the United Nations. Through its membership, USEA represents the broad interests of the U.S. energy sector. We represent more than 100 organizations, from the largest Fortune 500 companies to small energy consulting firms.
In cooperation with the USAID, USEA administers the Energy Technology and Governance Program (ETAG), which strengthens energy security, encourages electricity and natural gas market reform, and introduces American best practices and technology in the Europe and Eurasia region (Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine).
WE ARE SEEKING – Program Coordinator candidates with enthusiasm to support our ETAG mission of energy sector reform in the Europe and Eurasia region by providing logistical, subject matter and communications expertise in daily management of working group meetings, exchange visits, study tours and training programs conducted in the region and the United States. Candidates will possess a desire to travel internationally up to 25% of the year.
The successful candidate will have:
- Passion for working and growing as a subject matter expert in the energy industry
- Ability to manage simultaneous logistical assignments and procurement processes
- Familiarity with energy/environmental issues in the Europe and Eurasia region and the United States
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, multi-cultural setting
- Desire to work in a small and cohesive team environment
- Skills to manage social media, website and other communication channels
Day-to-Day Tasks will support the Senior Director, Directors and Senior Program Coordinators with the following tasks in the E&E region and the United States:
- Provides logistical support for working group meetings, study tours and training courses conducted in the E&E region and the United States, including arranging airfare for American and international working group members; conducting procurements for hotel meeting and sleeping rooms, translators, audio-visual requirements and other services, in compliance with USEA and USAID requirements;
- Staffs ETAG Program activities to ensure quality control, report and monitor progress and make recommendations on future programs and strategy;
- Manages social media calendar and develops social media content for Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Develops PowerPoint presentations and infographics to communicate the mission and accomplishments of the ETAG Program;
- Assists in developing terms of reference and managing the procurement for program content contractors;
- Prepares technical reports, including working group meeting reports, quarterly reports and annual reports summarizing accomplishments of the ETAG Program;
- Collects and distributes weekly digest of energy news from the E&E region through a muti-term Google search;
- Develops budgets, tracks expenditures and initiates payment for expenses associated with ETAG Program activities;
- Updates ETAG Program website.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED – Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree in either an energy/environment field or international affairs and knowledge and capability to develop complex infographics and MS PowerPoint presentations. Experience in developing and managing a social media communications campaign is desired.
HOW TO APPLY -- Please submit as a single PDF document to [email protected]:
- Cover letter explaining why your expereience and skills make you the perfect candidate for this position;
- Writing Sample
- MSPower Point or infographic sample
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.