South Asia & Central Asia: Best Practices in Electricity Transmission and Distribution
The United States Energy Association (USEA) is conducting a three-day South Asia & Central Asia Executive Workshop on Best Practices in Electricity Transmission & Distribution in New Delhi, India from March 21 - 23, 2011. The objective of the workshop is to present best practices in electricity transmission and distribution, and to identify possible improvements to the efficiency and reliability of these systems for South Asian and Central Asian countries. Modernizing electricity transmission and distribution systems is a reliable method for addressing energy supply shortfalls, system reliability weaknesses, and climate change.
Workshop participants are exposed to best practices for the operation of modern electricity systems, effective distribution and transmission policies, and emerging technologies for electricity systems, including Smart Grid. In each workshop session, the delegates examine the effectiveness of policies and technologies in each country’s electricity transmission and distribution systems. Day one of the workshop examines best practices in electricity transmission. Day two focuses on low-carbon development strategies in the morning, and then involves a site visit to a local utility’s SCADA center, substation, and customer service center. The third day of the workshop will focus on electricity distribution. U.S. electric utility experts participate each day to provide U.S. perspectives and lessons learned.
- Exchange information on best practices in the following areas:
- Planning and design of electricity transmission and distribution systems to increase the efficiency and reliability of electricity delivery
- Enhancing cross-border transmission
- Policy and financial strategies for implementation of smart grid technologies
- The use of grid technologies to support energy conservation and the integration of renewable energy
- Low-carbon development strategies
- Policy recommendations and facilitation of transmission and distribution projects
- Policy and financial strategies for increased efficiency in transmission and distribution
- Policy and financial strategies for smart grid technologies to support energy conservation and renewable energy