Job Announcement: Communications Coordinator
Organization: United States Energy Association
Position: Communications Coordinator
Location: Remote (must live in D.C. area)
Salary Range: $47,000 to $76,000, depending on relevant experience
How To Apply: Send materials listed below to [email protected]
The United States Energy Association (USEA) is looking for a Communications Coordinator. This position will handle a variety of communication-related responsibilities, including but not limited to: generating social media content, drafting written materials, creating graphics, running virtual events on platforms such as Zoom or WebEx, and helping maintain the USEA website. The Communications Coordinator will also interact with members of the media and USEA’s media consultants.
The Communications Coordinator will work primarily with the Senior Communications Coordinator, the Program Manager, and the USEA Executive Director. As a result, this position will have direct involvement in planning USEA’s major events, executing its communications strategy, and fostering its public brand. This position offers the opportunity for advancement. Applicants should be eager to learn and prepared to assume multiple responsibilities immediately. The position also offers an incredible opportunity to learn about the global energy industry and to make connections within the energy community in Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Candidates must live in the Washington, D.C. area. Previous knowledge of the energy industry is not required but is useful.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with social media, primarily Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Proficiency in graphic design, preferably in Canva or Adobe Photoshop
- Familiarity using Zoom and/or WebEx
- Basic website management skills, preferably in Drupal
- Aid in drafting written materials for the communications and events team, including press releases and messages for the USEA Executive Director.
- Help generate and draft content for USEA’s social media accounts on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
- Design various graphics and documents for social media, the website, and email blasts, including flyers, brochures, and agendas.
- Performing basic website-related tasks, including creating event pages and uploading digital media content.
- Oversee the technical aspect of USEA virtual events on Zoom and WebEx, including testing the platform with guest speakers and running the platform during events.
- Oversee production of the USEA Annual Report.
- Other duties as assigned.
How To Apply – Please send as a single PDF document to [email protected]:
- Resume, cover letter, 1 writing sample, and 3 examples of graphics. The graphics can be separate attachments if necessary.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, veteran status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
The United States Energy Association (USEA) is a nonprofit, apolitical, nonlobbying organization founded in 1924. USEA’s mission has two pillars of equal importance. USEA serves as a resource, by convening energy stakeholders to share policy, scientific, and technological information to foster the advancement of the entire energy sector. Internationally, USEA promotes energy development by expanding access to safe, affordable, sustainable, and environmentally acceptable energy in partnership with the U.S. Government.