NEW DATE: USEA CONSENSUS Webinar: National Coal Council Report - Carbon Forward: Advanced Markets for Value-Added Products from Coal
With an introduction by Acting Executive Director, Sheila Hollis.
Members of the National Coal Council recently approved a report for Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm assessing opportunities to enhance use of U.S. coal in new and expanded carbon product markets. The report – Carbon Forward: Advanced Markets for Value-Added Products from Coal – highlights how coal-derived carbon products support the Biden Administration’s priorities for job creation, economic revitalization, environmental stewardship, infrastructure improvement and supply chain resilience.
- Job Creation – High-value carbon product markets have significant employment and job creation potential.
- Economic Revitalization – High-value carbon product markets have significant economic growth and cost-savings potential.
- Environmental Stewardship – High-value carbon product markets can provide environmental benefits, supporting efforts to electrify the transportation fleet, reduce air emissions, provide clean drinking water, decrease energy consumption and sequester CO2.
- Infrastructure Improvement – High-value carbon building and construction materials can be produced at less cost with enhanced technical performance and environmental advantages vis-à-vis traditional products.
- Supply Chain Resilience – Domestically sourced and produced high-value carbon product can shore up vulnerable supply chains and reduce U.S. dependence on foreign sources for critical materials.