Job Announcement: Program Coordinator
Position Title: Program Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC
Category: Energy & Environment, International Affairs
Term: Full-Time Position
Starting Salary Range (Commensurate with Qualifications): $38,000 - $63,000
The United States Energy Association (USEA) seeks a qualified Program Coordinator with an energy and environment background and knowledge of the global energy sector to assist with the execution of two U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)-funded international energy partnership programs, the Promoting Domestic and International Consensus on International Fossil Fuel Technologies Programs, which assist the U.S. and international partners to increase sustainable energy production, accelerate deployment of cleaner fossil fuel technologies, and expand energy access through technology transfer.
The Program Coordinator supports the Senior Program Coordinators and Program Directors in the planning, development, and implementation of various meetings, briefings, seminars, conferences, and exchange visits, as assigned by the Program Directors. This includes budgeting, logistical arrangements for workshops and conferences, and escorting delegations within the United States and, on occasion, U.S. delegations abroad. The Program Coordinator also assists the Senior Program Coordinators and Program Directors in developing programming for activities including agenda development, stakeholder outreach, and providing input to work plans. The Program Coordinator is responsible for representing USEA in a professional manner, conducting activities efficiently and effectively, and for evaluating and reporting the results of each activity.
- Responsible for logistical arrangements required to implement the numerous activities for the programs. Assists in organizing and conducting information exchange visits, private sector forums and workshops, and private sector policy/technology briefings.
- Assists the Program Directors and Senior Program Coordinators in developing informational and promotional materials for the program website and social media, as well as coordinating the outreach with the communications department.
- Supports the Executive Director on special projects including speech writing, development of MSPowerPoint presentations, research, and other duties as assigned.
- Communicates with USG project officers, overseas staff, and representatives of other U.S. agencies, U.S. energy companies, overseas energy officials and companies about specific program activities and plans.
- Supports the Senior Program Coordinators in identifying program information needs, preparing agendas, work plans, budgets, schedules, reports and other documents.
- Plans and arranges required airline travel, lodging, ground transportation, interpreting and translation services, meeting logistics, travel advances, and travel reimbursements for the implementation of program activities.
- Travels with delegations in the U.S. and overseas as directed and approved.
- Handles all necessary protocol arrangements for program activities.
- Prepares letters, invitations, agendas, reports, presentations and other documents as necessary.
- Recommends strategies to be used and reports progress to the Program Director.
- Uses the internet and industry publications to collect information on the energy sector and programming and strategies for the region.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports and periodic success stories in addition to other articles for USEA and program-specific publications as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Earth Sciences, Geology, Energy and Environment, Political Science, International Studies or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Excellent written, verbal, and cross-cultural communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational abilities
- Ability to manage multiple activities with overlapping deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work closely in a small team in a dynamic working environment
- Ability to travel within U.S. and overseas (up to 30%)
- Valid U.S. passport / U.S. citizenship
In addition, the ideal candidate would possess:
- Knowledge of the global energy sector, or a background in energy, environment or Earth sciences
- At least 3 years working experience with organizing lectures, workshops, conferences, exchange visits and/or trade missions
- Understanding of U.S. Government policies and procedures
- Ability to grow and maintain a professional network of stakeholders
- Basic web design skills, particularly knowledge of Drupal
- Graphic design skills (Adobe Creative Suite)
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the position requirements should email with the subject line “Consensus Program Coordinator” and the following:
- Cover letter
- Resume, and
- Three professional references
In a single PDF file to “Hiring Manager” at [email protected], no later than December 31, 2018.
NOTE: USEA will conduct interviews on a rolling basis and will stop accepting applications once the position is filled.