Interested parties are requested to submit a cost proposal and a brief technical proposal of no more than 10 pages, including the following:
- Qualifications Statement demonstrating expertise and technical understanding of the likely CO2-EOR and or mixed gas-EOR process in shales with a focus within these primary shale basins: Permian, Utica, Eagleford, Bakken, Marcellus which are under typical production now.
Primary requirements: Demonstrate a technical understanding of CO2-EOR-storage, CO2-Shale EOR, CO2-mixed gas with CO2-EOR and/or mixed gas-EOR, with an emphasis on the following:
- A technical and basic commercial understanding of resource development and basic knowledge of reserves estimation where applicable pertaining to CO2-EOR and/or mixed gas-EOR.
- Technical understanding of likely volumes and characteristics of the produced fluids, such as crude oils, hydrocarbon liquids, and water.
- Technical understanding of CO2 storage and capacity as potentially applicable to shale in each of these shale basins: Cana-Woodford Shale in the Anadarko Basin, Niobrara Shale in the DJ Basin, and the Mowry Shale in the Powder River Basin for greenhouse gas mitigation purposes.
- Basic understanding of infrastructure development and requirements for high-level estimation of infrastructure needs in these shale basins: Permian, Utica, Eagleford, Bakken, and Marcellus from potential CO2-EOR and storage.
- A list of recent (last three years) related peer-reviewed studies, presentations at industry forums, articles in trade journals, and current/completed research projects the contractor has done or participated in.
Offers must include an expected timeline with agreed milestones and proposed workflow leading to the deliverable.
Collaborations or consortiums set up to pursue this work are acceptable as long as one entity is the primary contractor.
The sub-agreement between USEA and the winning offer will be structured as a fixed sub-agreement for labor, fringe benefits and overhead. USEA will fund other direct costs, including travel (transportation, lodging and a U.S. Government approved daily meals and incidental allowance) directly. The cost proposal should include an estimate of the number of trips required to organize and conduct this study. DO NOT include travel costs, as USEA will fund this directly.
Labor costs should include a level of effort for each person proposed to work on this assignment, their daily loaded rate, and the total estimated charge for each individual proposed.
CVs of each person proposed to work on this project must be included as an appendix and will not count toward the technical proposal page limit.