The team of selected technical experts will be available to EEA to provide their remote assistance through December 31, 2021.
For all questions and clarification requests please contact Ms. Ashley Ndir, Senior Program Coordinator, at [email protected]. Please submit questions prior to 5:00pm May 15th, 2020. All questions and answers shall be made public on the USEA website on May 18th, so that all interested parties are fully informed.
Questions and Responses
1. The RFP notes, “the level of effort per consultant is expected to be between 10-15 days over the scope of this project”. This implies a total of 40-60 days (assuming 4 experts) for the entire contract. Is this correct? Is this a ceiling?
Yes, this is correct. The maximum number of days is expected to be between 10-15 per consultant, however, this is not a contract ceiling. We are requesting the consultant submitting their CV to also state their hourly rate.
2. If fewer than 3 experts are proposed, will the proposal still be considered?
Yes, your CVs will be considered for the team of experts. However, not all experts proposed may be selected following this Call for CVs. Experts will be selected on an individual basis.
3. Can the expert team include local (Ethiopian) experts?
Yes, the team of experts we select can be comprised of local or international experts
4. Given the RFP envisions all remote assistance, does EAGP have the ability to support communications, the flow of information, and support for implementation to realize the experts’ recommendations?
EAGP has the ability to support communications, information flow, and potential support for implementation to realize the recommendations of the team of experts.
5. Will there be any input needed for the on-going projects in negotiation (pre-PPA signing/drilling)?
The specific tasks under the assistance to EEA will be determined in collaboration with the Director of the Geothermal Directorate and USAID. Once the specific tasks are identified USEA will give a direct task order to the consultant or consultants who best fits the required task.
6. Can the proposed budget include an administrative fee?
The Consultant(s) should submit their hourly rate including any overhead and fringe expenses.